Thursday, September 3, 2009

My "working" place

I was in the Recess the whole day except for lunch in the campus today. Was told that we can bring over the pillow if we like to. haha....right, not funny though its really comfortable in it, fully air-conditioned, the best laboratory in the campus i shall considered. The final year project or so called undergraduate project or we normally called it PSM in the campus, is one of the most tiring project throughout the four years. Few weeks ago my supervisor has ordered the technician in the lab to get me a table, a good computer and well arrange all my equipment which i would be the only one who is using it for my psm. And i called it my working place cause i would probably stay in there besides attending for classes. Room will be my 3rd home now.hehe....say no to library due to H1N1(i really scared). so come to the Recess and visit me. And ouh, i'll be playing with soil, soft soil, study everything about soil, make friends with soil and u name it. Research on soft soil isn't an easy task....it is the most difficult work for me tho'...especially the behavior of the soil...u'll never know because it is natural resources, tiny lil particles...i chose soil because it is special, it has the thing the speciality where no one have it, and it can be very serious, if you doesnt know it well, then u'll get into trouble, totally into deep trouble.

This is my personal PSM research place in one of the RECESS corner
I'll be testing Marine clay by using Rowe Cell, and this is my desktop which is fully connected to the Rowe Cell equipment and it continous functionin for the whole week.

p.s.: well Alvin has got a brand new machine which cost more than a hundred million!

6 comments:

  1. OMG....so so nice wei, you got your own "office"...Mantan NC is a very very nice person i tell you...wow...Marine clay, i did my research about this soil when i was in my diploma for my final year project...totally agree with u when u said its tough...marine clays acts like sponge...takes long time to settle...what is your FYP tittle? secret?..heheh..good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. my psm title: Compressibility Characteristics of Soft Soil, soil mainly taken from RECESS, all the works are fine but im very sensitive to marine clay...red spot all over my body...gosh..till i gotta take some medic to cure.wuts about ur topic ar?wut did u do for psm alry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. red spot?...allergic? be careful then...i'm doing about comparison between sustainable building and conventional building...nowdays its hardly to see u here at the campus, guess ur at ur 2nd home...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha....yea, i'll hangin round in Recess most of the time just to check my thing is okay there...besides goin to class and hevin meal at g3...then nowhere i'll be at lo..hehe...i hardly see u round also...hope ur doin good with ur fyp and other stuff k!good luck yea!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey wat a nice comfy personal office u got der..really an interesting psm u r havin.. though not entirely familiar with Marine clay thingy.. anyway..do take k of urself when handling those creepy red-dots-popper-clay :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Lily yea i will...but its really tensed up lor...

    ReplyDelete